Our "Salad Shares" offer families a connection to our farm and supply them with fresh, nutritious salads all year round. Variety is the spice of life: we grow around 40 different varieties of lettuce, including red and green romaine, butterhead, batavia, and leaf lettuces. Since we grow lettuce year-round, we can add new members anytime as long as space is available.
What IS a Salad CSA?
- A Share in the Salad CSA includes:
- Shares cost $5 per week (delivery for an additional charge)
- - New members pay a $25 sign-up fee (applied to your first month or so of lettuce)
- Spring/Summer/Fall Shares (Apr-Oct) are 1 pound of lettuces per week
- Winter Shares (Nov-Mar) are a bit smaller since the lettuce grows much slower and heads are small
- Weekly updates from the farm, with a list of other items available to add on to your share
- Reminder email on your pickup day
- Emailed monthly statements make it easy to participate - no large up-front cost
- - If a full share is too much, consider a half-share, or split a share with a friend or neighbor!
- How do I get my greens?
- Pick up your share from the farm (if you live nearby or drive near us on a regular basis, this is the lowest cost option).
- - Group Delivery - $1.00/delivery to a group host location ($6/week for lettuce plus delivery). For current delivery days & group locations, please see our Local Harvest listing.
- Let us know if you are willing to host a drop-off group. Hosts provide coolers and a place for members to pick up their shares. If you don't have a cooler but would like to host, contact us anyway - we do have a source for styrofoam coolers that have been used for shipping. Hosts can save on delivery costs - contact us for more details.
- How do I get started?
- - Please click the button below to sign up for the CSA. We use MailChimp for our email communication with our members. There are links at the bottom of any MailChimp emails you receive from us that allow you to update or change any of the info you've provided us with. After you sign up, we will contact you to work out the details! Once your share starts, you'll receive emails from us on Sundays with news about the farm and any extras available to add to your order, as well as a reminder on your pickup day.